Sunday, March 10, 2013

In the beginning

Today Brock had his final interview with our Stake President Terry Wayment. He survived the interview. President Wayment told him it would be around the first week of April when he could expect his call.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I am so excited and proud as a dad, everything his mother and I have done in raising him has been with this day on mind. How excited we are that he has prepared himself and been found worth to serve. We know he will do great. He will be an outstanding missionary. He has a strong testimony and is well prepared to serve his Father in Heaven.

I gotta say, with the change in the missionary age, we kind of feel like a year has been taken from us. We had plans of paying off bills, and saving up money. We had every intention of being well prepared to send him off; but all the "going to's" slipped away last October when President Monson announced the new age at which missionaries can serve. I guess we can't prepare too early for those things that are most import. Someday I have to do something about the procrastination problem of mine. :)

Brock is so excited to go. You can see it in his eyes, in the way we stands and moves and communicates. It is amazing to see the change one day makes. When he was very young he told us he could not wait to go on a  mission  and he has never reconsidered his decision. When the big announcement last fall was made we told Brock we could move our family trip plans up and he said no save the money I am ready to go when I graduate.

It is with that kind of determination he will serve the lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and testimony here