Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week #25 Philippines Tangub Ward Bacolod South Zone

Dear Lovely Amazing People that I Miss,

Well family this week has been interesting and a huge eye opener about this area. We have been working hard to build more relationships with the members, Less Actives, and Investigators. Honestly if they don't feel like you care about them, there is no point to teach them! We are representatives of Jesus Christ and we need to make sure we are showing his love for them! Our investigators are doing alright, but the instant weather change from cold to hot is making people sick and none of our investigators came to church... We will work on that. 
 
... I really love the people here and the ward is strong and I can see progress happening....
 
Well this week had exciting things that I ate like cow skin, which is good but not preferable for me! I had a sup-as that had mini squids in it, it was good but kind of gave me a bit of a stomachache still awesome! I learned how to cook some great meals by Elder Dalumpines! I will be a chef when I get home! Heather will like that I think ;)
 
So our investigator H didn't go to church, but she is doing way better then I thought! We asked how her reading was going in the Book of Mormon, she said it is going alright. We asked where she read and she said Helaman, we thought she was just randomly reading through where ever like most investigators. The next lesson we asked again and she said she only read 2 or 3 chapter sense 2 days ago!! We then asked if she start from the beginning she said YES!! What?? I have never seen that my whole mission! We gave her the Book of Mormon less then a month ago and she is 3/4ths of the way through!! I had to make sure she knew that that is the coolest thing I have ever seen and she was a bit confused so I think we need to talk about the importance of the Book of Mormon in more depth! I am just pumped for that! 
 
Well other then that nothing much more exciting happened. Oh my companion used Filipino methods to heal my athletes foot and it is almost fully gone! He really rocks! I am learning more how the culture works through him and it makes me feel so much more useful here! I feel like I could teach an American what some plants do and how things work! I love it! 
 
Well it has been hard... But my birthday rocked due to the fact that all of Bacolod was having a fiesta that day! Woohoo! Everyone celebrates my birthday ;) I am so happy and excited to keep working and learning more! Glad to see you are all happy and doing well! You are all in my prayers! I love you and miss you!!
 
Love,
 
Elder Minson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and testimony here