Saturday, June 22, 2013

Letter #2 - Called as District Leader in the MTC



June 20, 2013
Dear Family,

First full day in the MTC. It has been long, like I’ve been told the first 3 days are. I have found much success in many areas today. I was made and called as District Leader. It is a huge responsibility, especially with only my companion and 12 sisters to take care of.

I want to correct my last letter my P-Days are on Thursday, so letters will come on weekends

The language is difficult but Elder Carver and I are doing very well. Tomorrow we are teaching an investigator on the plan of salvation in Hillgaynon (Hil-ee-guy-noon). Which is gonna be crazy since we have had 2 days. We will do great through.
If you can, send me some stamps I would love to receive some. I can send a letter everyday until Sunday. The stamps here are .48 cents a stamp. So that would be really nice.

The stress is getting to me a bit, but I know I can finish this strong. The other Elders keep me going. Every night the guys are laughing and chilling. It is fantastic.

I love you guys. I am keeping my shoes on!

Love,
Elder Minson

This was a misfire when we dropped him off, but it is so fitting considering his
farewell talk and the continuing theme of this letter