Friday, June 21, 2013

First Letter - Received June 21, 2013



June 19th, 2013

Dear Family,

I have survived my first day on campus! It has been crazy, but I am catching along. The other Elders are fantastic. My companion is amazing and it’s probably because….I KNOW HIM!! His name is Christopher Carver. He went to junior High with me and debate. It is amazing.

I have learned that Oo means yes, and the vowels are the same as Spanish so I can read it decently. I also have learned that Elder Carver and I are the only Elders in our district. Yup,12 sister missionaries.

The language is tough and fast, but I feel I am going to adapt easily.
Our first big meeting or orientation we sang the Hymn “We Have Been Called” and instead of the line “We will be the Lords Missionaries” we sang “We are NOW the Lords missionaries”. It was so cool to say that, it sent shivers down my spine.

It is amazing to be around everyone here they are amazing Men and Women. I’m scheduled on Monday for P-Days so expect letters Tuesday or Wednesday.

I love you, stay strong, and keep me in your prayers.

Love,

Elder Minson

---------------------------------

You can reach Brock at the following address

Elder Brock Thomas Minson
JUL31 PHI-BAC
2007 N 900 E Unit 20
Provo UT 84602

Email:
MinsonMail@gmail.com