Sunday, January 12, 2014

Working hard pays off... always!

Dear ole' Tatay, Nanay, mga utod ko, kag mga abyan ko,

Well this week is transfers! I am so on the borderline of whether I am excited or not. I love Elder Mata'utia and it is so sad to start realizing that towards the end. Though he drives me nuts sometimes, I love the guy! He has taught me what is needed to be a better missionary, ... I realize I am 3 times more prepared then I was before this area. I can speak (comfortably), teach, and refer to scriptures pretty easily to answer questions and concerns. Been a great experience here and I can't wait for a bit of change in scenery whether it is my companion or area.

So I had the great experience of going on 2 exchanges within this week! One after our ZLT (zone leader training) I was with Elder Ramonez, he is the one right next to me in the zone photo with the orange tie, he is a great elder and great companion to have. We were in my area for this exchange, and even though we had 3 hours taken away from our average day work schedule due to ZLT and mission office business, we accomplished a great amount of lessons! It was then that I realized I am doing better then what I thought. I led the area strong and we got many teachings in. We taught a great lesson to a Less Active brother who has returned catholic and is strong in that faith. We answered all his questions with great spiritual strength! We referred to the Bible, and to the Book of Mormon. We taught a few other lessons that were just as strong and powerful. (sorry I have been terrible with pictures and was a failure on that side this week) 


Next me and Elder Ponseca worked on Thursday! It was great! Elder Ponseca is companions with Elder Zobell. We went to their area in Sum-ag. We taught strong and great-full messages. It was a bit differant techinque then I am used to but I liked it in a way. Depending on the person is how you teach. If they are quick at learning and have faith. It is okay to go through full lessons. If they are slow take it one principle at a time. Well all in all that day he worked me hard. Their area is huge and he had me speed walk every where haha! It was exhausting! We got about 10-11 lessons that day. 


A great experience was when we were asking around for where a referral lived. We were sent in a direction and decided to ask a younger women that was outside cooking. She told us where this person lived and that they weren't home. As we were walking away this young women called us back frantically and told us to enter and teach her. It was CRAZY! She was newly married(or living in) and one of her friends where she lived before told her if she ever got the chance to learn about God she should. So we taught her and after words we freaked out! She was so elect and prepared it was amazing! She has such a desire to learn about what God has planned for her. It was crazy amazing! Working hard pays off... always! 


So the worlds weather is changing. It is cold here! It hasn't stopped having gray clouds and rain and strong winds for a week. There are rumors of another typhoon soon, but don't worry it wont nearly be as strong or president would have let us know today. It is weird! So I might use my birthday money for a good jacket haha! 


Well I talked to you about Sister H. last week. She is doing great please pray for her she needs the help she can get. Because it rained, our attendence dropped a ton yesterday! She didn't come because of it. We are trying so hard with her and last night she told us that she believes in the Book of Mormon (yes she reads), in Joseph Smith ( she said "Of Course" when we asked), and she has a desire to go to church! Please keep her in prayers! 


Well family I love you! Please send your questions I might have missed right now so I can make sure to answer all of them! I love you all keep up the good work and stay happy! Have fun, be safe, you are in my prayers! 

Love,
Elder Minson

PS
Thanks Mom I love you too! I did get the letters, bells and the USB! I now see why you were so nervous about me getting it or not! I loved them all! I also got a bunch of letters from the other couples in our ward. Tell them I love them (Draper, Huff, Sills, Thurgood), especially tell the Drapers thanks for the gift. It was really kind. I heard from sister Bliss Balintay that you and Paula are going to try Ado-bu! Have fun with that! There is no actual recipe and it just depends what you like (spicy, soupy, sweet). Thank you again you rock! 





This is a mallish store that we get the privledge of shopping at here in the Bacolod South Zone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and testimony here