Sunday, December 7, 2014

...the one thing I do know is the Lord will help me!

Dear Family that I am Proud of,

(Photo Sent by a Ward Member)
Brock Minson and his companion Elder Basay
With their investigator of Brother Zyrone. This is the Guy
Who took the lessons and then went to work in Saudi
then came back was retaught the lessons and Baptized
in a week. Brock so wishes he could have
spent more time with him
So yeah this week was cool and stuff! Did a lot of work and we kicked butt in our amount of lessons even though we had a lockdown this week! I mean it was just fantastic! Then I got transferred... 

So to start I want to talk about Brother Zyrone. Yes he did get baptized. We taught him everything and it was great! It was really nice to see him get baptized! I have pictures but I am short on time today so you will get them next week. He was a great investigator and I am really sad we only got to teach him for a week because he was so elect! It was a good baptism! 

Elder Minson and Elder Babida... Brothers.
Sad to be seperated for this transfer but
look forward to the after mission life. Lifetime friends
OH before I forget I don't think I ever thanked you Mama! I am so thankful for the package it was amazing! My feet are doing really well I have plenty of medicine and stuff so I should be good with all that! I love the socks they are amazing and helping a ton! 

Well I really love this time because of Christmas! Yes I am excited to talk with all of you, but the really cool thing is the campaign the church is doing right now. "He Is the Gift!" Go on you tube and it will be all over the advertisements! It is amazing and we are using it in our work here! We are actually putting ribbon on some pamphlets and make it look like it is a gift and it really gets people excited to receive the gospel! I am excited to keep teaching it and using it to get new investigators! 

Well Typhoon Ruby was a big woop! Nothing happened here in Bacolod, it didn't even rain hard! I hear in the northern zones it got hit a bit, but nothing to bad! Well it just allowed us to relax and luckily I got all my laundry done! Just in time for transfers!!

Alright yes I did get transferred and I am super sad about it because I love Bacolod 6th Ward. Brother Michael is a close friend of ours and has helped out a ton sense I have been here. He use to drive us around to get us to our interviews for the other companionship and also helped with the work as well!  I will also miss the Minosa Family a ton! They are amazing people and i love them to death! I will also miss my companion Elder Basay he is a strong worker and I believe will do good things as long as he stays focused.

Well I am transferring to Sagay Zone. I will be in a very bukid area called Gemay (I think that is how it is spelled). This is the highest baptizing zone in the whole mission! So I am super excited to see how things go there! Oh and to add on to the news of being transferred, I have also stepped up! I am now the Zone Leader of Sagay Zone! I have a big responsibility on my shoulders, but I feel like I can do it with the strength and power of God. I feel very 2 sided on this position, not sure if I am excited or scared, but the one thing I do know is the Lord will help me! I will try and magnify this to my greatest capabilities! 

Questions from Mom: 
SO how are things going??????
I am great things are pretty crazy right now but i am excited to see what I can do! 
Do you like your new companion??? I should say do you know your new companion haha?
I know who he is but I am with another missionary becasue he is transferring also to Sagay zone. So we are companions for today tell we get to sagay later this afternoon.
How are your feet? Are the new socks helping you at all?
Feel are good and the socks rock! 
Ok so I asked a few questions DON'T forget to answer them hahaha?
I won't ;) hahah\

So that is about it for this week. OH I did hear good news from Cadiz! I talked to the Stake President last week after email and he said that cadiz 2nd branch is turning into a ward!! And Bayabas Uno, that area me and elder Babida found will be turning into Cadiz 3rd Branch!! Such a great thing to hear! 

Well I love you all! I know you are all probably asleep and tired, but I just want you all to know I love you! Thank you all for writing me! Thanks you for the pictures and the good news! Keep strong and keep happy! I know God is here to guide us and will protect us! Thank you so much! l Love YOU!!!

Love,
Elder Minson
 
These pics are from a Facebook Friend connected to the
Bago ward (Brocks last area) The chapel became a temp shelter
Storm once again steered Clear of the Island.
A little rain and wind but nothing Serious





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and testimony here