Sunday, November 30, 2014

... so this huge impression just to speak, like I was not the one speaking...

Dear Family I am so Thankful for,

Man what a great week it has been to be here and to be serving to the most AMAZING PEOPLE on the Planet!! This week has been a blessing for me! I have found a renewed vigor to do what is good and to focus on what was right! The investigators and members here are so amazing! It is so different here in this part of the city! The people are wanting to know the gospel and are willing to apply it as well! Just a blessing from God! 

So it was Thanksgiving! And here in the Philippines I had a REAL Thanksgiving!!! We have our usual dinner appointment with Sister Marty who's husband is an American and they use to live in America. The Brother is abroad, but she still celebrates it! It was good! So don't worry I got my Thanksgiving! 

So to start with some of the amazing things that happened this week! First, last Wednesday we had some of the best finding opportunities ever! So we went on splits with the members so we could hit all our appointments in the whole area. Well I went to the least productive side of the area, and after about 2 appointments and 3 times getting punted and having no where else to go we started traveling back to meet with my companion. So as we were walking I saw this man in a wheelchair and his family sitting outside so this huge impression just to speak, like I was not the one speaking it just came out of me. We then sang to them and gave a good lesson on Families. Well we got a good 5 new investigators from that and they are soooo open to the gospel!
 
After which we kept going down our normal path and then I see this other small path and I ask the members where that takes us. They said they didn't know. So I said, "Adventure!!!" And we did. as we were in this path, I hear a little girl say "Elder!" And I was like "Huh?" So I talked to her and found out her mom is a Less Active, her Sister is a Recent convert, she is not a member and neither is her Dad. Well we taught them and Sister Ducay says we were an answer to her prayers because she wants to become active again and her husband to join the church! And yesterday they did go to church, well the Mom and her kids, we have yet to teach the Father he is not home often! This week we will though for sure!
 
Next after that appointment we walked down another random path, guided by the spirit, and found a great family of 6 willing to listen and right next to them a Less Active father and none of his family is members and he said we can come back and teach! All in all a great finding experience. 
 
Saturday Brother Francis Agtoto and Sister Rosita Artos both got baptized! They are great investigators of ours, that I love, and see a whole new side of them now that they are baptized and have the Holy Ghost. Tonight we have a family night with all of them, and I am going to cook them all adobo and they will provide all the rice! :)
 
Next this last week we taught this less active, Brother J. His sons and nephew always work with us and the whole family is super active. He is the only one not. Well When we were on that splits last wednesday we also went and taught them and well... HE WENT TO CHURCH! His family told me he would not come. Well he was a little late to church and his family was already seated and when his wife saw him walk in her face was PRICELESS! She was blown away and so was everyone around her! HAHA! Just one lesson, just one act of love, one powerful commitment from the missionaries can turn the world around! 
 
And last, but not all, about our Surprise Baptism we have this week! So this brother was taught by the missionaries a year ago. He then left to Saudi Arabia before he could get baptized. Well he came back on vacation and went to church. He then came up to us and asked if he could be baptized THIS WEEK! He is going back to Saudi Arabia next Monday and because the church is not... well able to be there, he wants to be baptized before he goes back! I talked to President Lopez and the Bishop and they said he could but we have to teach all 5 lessons in Preach My Gospel in 5 days!!! So what a great task and what a great blessing! 

Well that is my great week! I know this gospel is true! I know that God is watching out for us and making us instruments in his hands! I am so blessed to be a missionary at this time! I am striving hard to magnify myself as a missionary to best serve all those around me! I work hard and am trying to keep my shoes on every day! I love you all your all amazing! 

Love,
Elder Minson 

This bat flew into Brocks Apartment.
I am pretty sure that isn't Brock holding it.






Brother Francis's Brother








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and testimony here