Monday, August 26, 2013

Week #9 - Stuck in the Mud


Dear Pamiliya,

Holy Crap it has been a fast week. It actually has been a fast month! I swear I got here 2 weeks ago, but nope it is my 4th week! I have realized how great this place is. The people are great and the culture is just amazing. I struggle a little bit every morning, but after personal study I feel so much relief from the gospel. I have had many of lessons. We have got to have many of experiences with families and some of them are just crazy. I  can't go anywhere without getting mobbed by thousands of kids and they just hang on me and like to climb all over. I have a few people that I really love personally I met some boys who we haven't taught or anything they are just nice and like to talk to us and even though I don't know the language I am able to still have some fun with all of them. They just like to party and like to dance. It is nice because music is everywhere here both music from America and Filipino. All of it is usually upbeat and happy they don't listen to sad stuff so it makes me happy to just walk down the street to a beat.
 
HE got stuck in the mud.
It is okay though cause my first week
I did the same thing
and lost my shoes... Ironic right?

I just got your Dear Elder 5 seconds ago Dad. I have a lot of experiences, but they are mostly the same. Here is one that happened last night. A man who ... hasn't been coming to church. We have been in his house and he is super spiritual we just had no idea he was less active. We talked to him last night and talked about faith to him and a RC that works for him. I built up the courage because I knew this man and I knew he understood me. I talked about the shoes. I bore testimony and I felt the spirit of everyone in my life help me. He then bore testimony and sounded like he was convincing himself to come back to church. He is a great man and I hope he finds success in his life, hopefully he will come back to church.
...

That (xbox) party looked extremely fun! I want to do that when I return. Which is soon I know it is. 21 months is not that long of a time. I think of all the stuff I am missing and then I think how great my joy will be and I can share weeks with hanging out with my family watching movies, playings games, and talking about stuff. I am actually glad to miss it for 2 years it gives more to look forward to in the future.

I hope to keep going  on strong here. I miss all of you. I have had experiences from getting stuck in mud, to wading in rivers, to instant rain then sun, SPIDERS (i hate them still), ect. I will make sure you know what I go through. Just remember to keep writing me. I was sad not to see letters from the boys. Tell them I need their support. Tell Connor I am proud of him and the people in Arizona are going to love him and he will do great. I am thankful for you support. I know this gospel is true, through Christ and his Atonement we can be saved. Stay strong and endure to the end.

Love,
Elder Minson

PS: Dad you are crazy hahaha!! I love you I got told by everyone that you added them on Facebook before I did!! Though it is a bit embarrassing I love it because it makes me feel loved!! Don't stop being yourself.
I love you.


This was in the poorest area we have the Frammar.
They are as lively as ever and love to party.
Even the oldest women loves pictures and
will jump in front of the camera. haha














Elder Minson, Elder Crosland, Sister Cinco, Sister Emelio

Elder Minson, Elder Crosland, Sister Cinco, Sister Emelio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and testimony here