Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week #36 Philippines Cadiz 2nd Branch Cadiz Zone

Dear White People I am in Relations With, ;)

Helllooooo Family!! :) Well this week has been one of magnitude in amazingness! Well sort of... My companion got sick on Tuesday and it kind of took us a while to get going again! This week will be much better! I loved this week do to the fact that I am getting comfortable with myself as a teacher. I am still not perfect, I suck at the language... but I will get there one day. I can still communicate just fine. It may not be perfect but it is simple, which according to Richard G. Scott, that is how we need to teach! The amazing thing is I understand the language, when people talk to me I know exactly what they are saying even though I have not studied some of the words they use I understand. I read about the Gifts of the Spirit and I realize that I don't have the Gift of Tongues, but the Gift of Interpretation. I sometimes understand questions or concerns faster then the Filipinos do! And then I am able to answer them with what they need! I am not glorifying myself, but I really feel Heavenly Father has helped me with this. He knows I am not great at learning the language, but he knows that I can read people really well, so he is making my weaknesses strong in them (Ether 12:27) and allows me to understand and help people through a different means. 

Well I have been getting a lot of questions about my companion so I will answer them. He is Elder Babida, he is the oldest in his family with 2 little sisters. He is really good at English because they study it here in the Philippines, it just depends on the person if they keep trying to learn it or drop it after the classes. He is from Manilla so he also has better schooling and is not as poor as the people here are. He is pretty much me, but Filipino. He plays video games, likes sports, likes music, and is just awesome! ;) 

Well this week we had a baptismal interview for one of our candidates and he will be baptized on Saturday by ME!! I am super excited it has been along time sense I have had a personal baptism! I hope this continues, we should be getting weekly baptisms by next month if we work hard enough! 

Well General Conference was just amazing. One of my favorite talks was by Elder Richard G. Scott! He really was amazing at addressing the needs for families, which could easily be applied to mission work! I also loved many of the other talks given. Jeffery R. Holland is still just a fire ball of a speaker and he really puts the hammer down when it comes to our duties as members, missionaries, and priesthood holders! I really also loved Elder Oaks talk in priesthood session! It gave me something to share with women about how they are so important as well for us priesthood holders! They are the support and the strength behind us honestly! :) There was just so much expressed about family and our duties as families it really gets me excited for the future! Haha! But I still have a while so I won't worry to much just yet! ;)

Well I love you all please send me questions, concerns and other things if you have them! Love you so much please keep strong! :) 

Love,
Elder Minson






 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and testimony here