Sunday, April 12, 2015

Am I really more gwapo if I work harder at my calling? I hope Sister Burton was right there!

Dear Amazing and Very Trunkie Family,

Well this week has been a lightning fast one.... Holy cow I have no idea where the time has gone..... Well this week did not have too many crazy amazing things happen. We had a baptism, we had General Conference, and we have some pretty amazing investigators!!!

Well first the baptism was that of Sister Nide De Leon. She was the sisters in Pulupandan 2nd Ward, but she lives in our ward so they had to pass her off to us! So yeah she was just totally elect and is amazing! She is so pumped up for doing missionary work! She attended General Conference which just pumped her up even more!! Anyway she is just an amazing lady and wants God to be in her families life! So that is our next goal! 

Next about my last General Conference here in the field... IT WAS AMAZING!!! I mean I was getting a little trunkie, not a lot, but I was a little because of the Saturday Session and the focus on getting home and getting married for all time and ETERNITY!! Haha! Man it was awesome! Am I really more gwapo if I work harder at my calling? I hope Sister Burton was right there! I hope to be more gwapo ;) I loved President Monson's talk in priesthood session! It probably was my favorite! It was so inspiring! Same with Jeffery R. Hollands and the story of the Brothers! It was just an amazing conference! 

Lastly we should be having a baptism this week as well! Sister Christine is an amazing single mother. She is really struggling with family issues and really opened up to us yesterday! She needs all the prayers she can get this week so that she can be ready for baptism, we might have to postpone it another week.

Brother Ceasar Mondejar and his family are just super elect, they are the ones we met through Sister Christine, and man are the progressing! They live in some of the poorest conditions but are so willing to live the gospel and become Saints! Every prayer Brother Ceasar gives is for us to find new people to teach and spread the gospel to the world! He even joins us in all the teachings over by his place! It is just amazing! 

For Spiritual thought to Everyone in the World:
This last week in District Meeting I trained on Our Missionary Purpose. I felt so spiritually edified to share how we need to be inviting correctly and we need to make sure our investigators are receiving correctly. I see to many times on my mission, where missionaries are getting 40+ member presents but only 2 to 3 are going to church... The reason why is because missionaries are forgetting their purpose!!! FAITH is first and they cannot get to baptism without it, second is REPENTANCE and we cannot allow our investigators to be baptized unless they have fully repented! If I could I wish I could share that to the whole mission. Our weekly baptisms needs to be 100% quality if we want to say that we are the best mission in the world. I have been pushing really hard with the whole zone to make sure that the numbers and statistics are not interfering with our true calling. We are here to INVITE others to come unto Christ by HELPING them RECEIVE the Restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. There are 3 key words Invite, Help, and then they will need to Receive. 

Well I got nothing else to really say... I just love you all to death! I can't wait to see you all! I hope things are going well! I mean I got like 7 weeks or something like that! Haha! Well I love you!

Love,
Elder Minson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and testimony here