Monday, April 20, 2015

Well this is it, my last transfer in the mission, I am coming home in 6 weeks.... I know this gospel is true! I love the work and I love the people of the Philippines!

Dear Family of Spiritual Giants,

Well no transfers have happened! Officially Elder Shumway is my last companion in my mission! I am in Pulupandan 1st and this is where I will die as a missionary! Just to be resurrected and be hard working member missionary back home! Well this is it, my last transfer in the mission, I am coming home in 6 weeks. Well these next 6 weeks will just have to be the best I can possibly do! 

Well this week Sister Christine Gargarita was baptized. What an amazing thing it was to see. She was the first investigator I met in this area and I told Elder Shumway after the first night that I thought she was going to progress. Well she is now baptized. She is struggling with some family issues still and could use all of your prayers though to help her. 

Well Sister Nida De Leon is a spiritual giant. Just went to her house yesterday and she said that she will work with us and help find new investigators. She is almost done reading the whole Book of Mormon and she was only confirmed yesterday... SHE IS AMAZING! We just got a text from her that she has someone she wants to be taught tonight! Just crazy how prepared she was by God. 

Well the next people to be baptized is the M. family. Brother Ceasar, Sister Nida and their 2 grandchildren Renelyn and Rhealyn! They need lots of prayers that they will pass their interview. They have a weird living situation and President Ferrin needs to interview them because technically they are a live in, but due to laws here in the Philippines they have been together longer then 8 years and can be considered legally married. It all depends on their interview with President. 

We then yesterday had this Less Active show up to church, his name is Brother Erroll Villiaflor. He is a great man and is an RM. He had lots of difficulty before and that is why he went Less Active. Well last night he invited us to his house for dinner and he was the nicest man ever! He fed us well. He saw my pretty beat up watch and gave me a really nice new one that he said didn't fit him... and he said he will help us in the missionary efforts here! He is amazing!

Well this week was good overall. We need lots of prayers this next transfer to find new investigators and figure things out with the ward. We need to get things working! Please keep Pulupandan 1st Ward in your prayers! 

Well thats all for the week! I love you! I know this gospel is true! I love the work and I love the people of the Philippines! Love you!! 

Love,
Elder Minson
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and testimony here